Monday, November 13, 2006

Girl, Indeed

I went in to see a different doctor to get an ultrasound anatomy scan last week. A pretty common thing in this day and age I think, where they look at all of minimax's little parts (brain, lips, jaw, heart, bladder, kidneys, and even little toes) to make sure they're all there and functioning as they should. They are.

And it's a Girl!

At least she said "It looks like it's a girl!" I think they try to remind the patients that this still isn't an exact science. There's always a chance that it could go the other way.

I'd be delighted with either a boy or girl of course. I'm hoping for the child's sake it really is a girl. While I don't put any stock in the development of gender identity in the first year or so (Don't let her go out without her pink bow! Everyone will think she's a boy! Don't let him go out in anything but blue! Everyone will think he's a girl!) I can't help but wonder what all these girly vibes could do to a boy in the womb. (Probably nothing.)

In any case Eric will play lots of catch with her (if she wants) and she's probably gathering all the rules of football through osmosis right along with her Baby Mozart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tutu Sharon said...

Eric learned how to kick (in the womb) during football season.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home