s'up!
Thought I'd write about something so you didn't think I had either lost interest in the internet or my unborn child.
Neither are true.
Not a lot to report on my end. Just the growing realization that among the many things that will change will be our living arrangements. We have had a pretty stellar deal here in Greenpoint for the past 6 years, so it will be hard to walk away. My hope is that over the next 6 months or so, another stellar deal will present itself.
Whatever happens, there is a likelihood that we will end up in one of those neighborhoods we all mercilessly make fun of when we sit around the round table at the Algonquin. Or however you spell it. Ah, Dorothy, you are such a cut up. I mean, assuming I understood anything you said.
But I digress.
Right. Moving.
Will it be Queens? And I mean REAL Queens, not that LIC or Astoria stuff they tell you is Queens.
Maybe New Jersey? Believe me, if it weren't Jersey, we'd already be there. But Jersey? Besides, Laura's Dad said he would disown her if she ever lived there. I'm sure he was joking, but he does have a high level of governmental clearance. What does he know that the rest of us do not?
Could it be upstate? Westchester. Port Chester. Larchmont. New Rochelle. I like the last one because I like the idea of living where Rob and Laura Petrie lived. Every day I would come home and trip over the ottoman. Except some times, later on, I would step around it. I'll wear hats to work, too.
Hows about Staten Island. I'd rather stay in Greenpoint. Which means we'll end up there.
Maybe deeper into Brooklyn? See, if I am going to have to add 40 minutes to my commute, I better have a yard. Just sayin'.
What is at the heart of all this is, of course, schools. It is a major turning point in life, when your concerns for your neighborhood transition from 'bars' to 'schools'. It is crazy how, all of a sudden, you are in a whole new demographic.
Now, on TV, commercials about diapers and toys and cribs and formula and baby food and baby clothes and baby, baby, BABY... are for us. We watched Oprah the other day, fascinated with her segment on understanding your baby's cry. And I stayed 10 minutes later this morning to watch GoodDayNewYork talk about baby sign language. They even alleviated my main concern about it.
So, yeah. That is what weighs on my mind of late. That and the need to triple my salary.
Oh well, I don't want no spoiled rich kid anyhow.
Neither are true.
Not a lot to report on my end. Just the growing realization that among the many things that will change will be our living arrangements. We have had a pretty stellar deal here in Greenpoint for the past 6 years, so it will be hard to walk away. My hope is that over the next 6 months or so, another stellar deal will present itself.
Whatever happens, there is a likelihood that we will end up in one of those neighborhoods we all mercilessly make fun of when we sit around the round table at the Algonquin. Or however you spell it. Ah, Dorothy, you are such a cut up. I mean, assuming I understood anything you said.
But I digress.
Right. Moving.
Will it be Queens? And I mean REAL Queens, not that LIC or Astoria stuff they tell you is Queens.
Maybe New Jersey? Believe me, if it weren't Jersey, we'd already be there. But Jersey? Besides, Laura's Dad said he would disown her if she ever lived there. I'm sure he was joking, but he does have a high level of governmental clearance. What does he know that the rest of us do not?
Could it be upstate? Westchester. Port Chester. Larchmont. New Rochelle. I like the last one because I like the idea of living where Rob and Laura Petrie lived. Every day I would come home and trip over the ottoman. Except some times, later on, I would step around it. I'll wear hats to work, too.
Hows about Staten Island. I'd rather stay in Greenpoint. Which means we'll end up there.
Maybe deeper into Brooklyn? See, if I am going to have to add 40 minutes to my commute, I better have a yard. Just sayin'.
What is at the heart of all this is, of course, schools. It is a major turning point in life, when your concerns for your neighborhood transition from 'bars' to 'schools'. It is crazy how, all of a sudden, you are in a whole new demographic.
Now, on TV, commercials about diapers and toys and cribs and formula and baby food and baby clothes and baby, baby, BABY... are for us. We watched Oprah the other day, fascinated with her segment on understanding your baby's cry. And I stayed 10 minutes later this morning to watch GoodDayNewYork talk about baby sign language. They even alleviated my main concern about it.
So, yeah. That is what weighs on my mind of late. That and the need to triple my salary.
Oh well, I don't want no spoiled rich kid anyhow.





1 Comments:
New Rochelle. Sounds good to me. How much do you need?
Post a Comment
<< Home