Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Progress

Yesterday I did some laundry and I'm about to attempt to do more. Tomorrow we'll have our third outing into Manhattan for a few doctor's appointments and I'm attempting to go as a solo parent (eek!). We read two books today, even if they were only a few pages each. We've tummy timed and sponge bathed. I pumped my first breast milk.

I haven't updated my other blog because I'm not sure what news I have to offer, other than my newfound love for Clorox Wipes and our mobile co-sleeper.

People say this will get easier, but I'm not sure I believe them. I'm not sure "easier" is the right term. I do know that when I was watching a DVR'd Grey's Anatomy during a 3am feeding, and Lori Metcalf as the woman dying of cancer had her little speech that went something like "You don't know what it's like to hold your newborn daughter and smell the top of her head and know that your only job in life YOUR ONLY JOB is to protect her" it brought me to tears. Loving someone this much is scary.

The only solution seems to be taking one minute at a time. I can't see the end of this tunnel and time seems to already be passing far too quickly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tutu Sharon said...

How was the pump? Or would you rather not answer here?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It's like a trip to the dairy farm.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Bina said...

i'm catching up on your blog in some downtime at work!

that laurie metcalfe episode made me cry so hard. and i don't even have a baby! i can't imagine.

miss you mama maxwell-scott.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home