Best of Times/Worst of Times and Shopping
I had two doctors appointments today. At the first one they put me on a fetal heart rate monitor that also measured contractions. Evidently I'm having contractions every 10 minutes. The doctor said they were "medium contractions" but I could barely feel them. Unfortunately they also don't seem to be helping me progress much, because when I had my second appointment this afternoon (and I was so proud, bouncing in with my "I'm having contractions every 10 minutes! I can't even feel them yet, but they're there!") I was still at 1cm and the baby is still high.
The second appointment was also discouraging because my doctor said I could schedule an induction now, and be at high risk for cesarean because my cervix isn't ready, or schedule it later and be at high risk for cesarean because the baby is too big.
Everybody all together now. "That's a big baby you've got in there!" Yes, thank you.
I decided with my doctor to split the difference, so I'll be going in Sunday night for an induction for Monday. By April 2 (just missing April Fool's day) we'll be highly likely to have a child.
What else? The first doctor, my baby size specialist, said that he wasn't even going to check the baby's size this time since it will not be much different. Normal Sized Baby, he said several times. There's also plenty of fluid and all the things that they check when you go past your due date seem to be just fine. Three or four people asked me when I was due today and I answered two days ago each time. The cab driver slowed down when I said that. Also, according to the latest sonogram, she has a very cute nose.
After my somewhat disappointing second appointment I indulged in some retail therapy. I discovered Giggle in SoHo, which was filled with adorable things for baby. I'm seriously considering some peel and stick wall candy. Dots anyone?
The second appointment was also discouraging because my doctor said I could schedule an induction now, and be at high risk for cesarean because my cervix isn't ready, or schedule it later and be at high risk for cesarean because the baby is too big.
Everybody all together now. "That's a big baby you've got in there!" Yes, thank you.
I decided with my doctor to split the difference, so I'll be going in Sunday night for an induction for Monday. By April 2 (just missing April Fool's day) we'll be highly likely to have a child.
What else? The first doctor, my baby size specialist, said that he wasn't even going to check the baby's size this time since it will not be much different. Normal Sized Baby, he said several times. There's also plenty of fluid and all the things that they check when you go past your due date seem to be just fine. Three or four people asked me when I was due today and I answered two days ago each time. The cab driver slowed down when I said that. Also, according to the latest sonogram, she has a very cute nose.
After my somewhat disappointing second appointment I indulged in some retail therapy. I discovered Giggle in SoHo, which was filled with adorable things for baby. I'm seriously considering some peel and stick wall candy. Dots anyone?





2 Comments:
I'm somewhat puzzled. Eric said that you were 50% efaced and 1.5 cm. dilated. Why does that indicate that your cervix (bless its widdow heart) "isn't ready."
I vote for the peel and stick landscape.
Post a Comment
<< Home