I'm here, just cleaning
So, we are full term. Yikes.
Things I've learned over the last 9 months:
-You never really know what this is like until it actually happens.
-the joy of Family and Friends is a palpable and invigorating thing. I hope that continues when she is screaming with a loaded diaper.
-my wife is the toughest person I know. Actually, I already knew that. This has just reaffirmed it.
-I have looked about 5 months pregnant for the last 6 years. Maybe I should cut down on the carbs. And by carbs, I mean beer.
-We had (have) more unneeded crap in this apartment than I ever knew possible.
-Our unborn child has nicer everything than we do.
-Health Insurance in this country is slowly making me ashamed. Telling us after the fact that you won't cover a procedure that our doctor said WAS necessary by telling us it WASN'T necessary, puts us in a position to 1.) question our caregiver and 2.) try to do the unthinkable, which is putting a 'price' on the health of our baby. And this is Health Insurance, not an HMO. I cannot imagine what parents with even weaker coverage than ours must go through. (Don't worry, we are appealing everything, and if Oxford Health thinks this parent will take it quietly, they have no idea how long I will stay on the phone with my polite and righteous indignation, with the resource of the two insurance professionals that are my parents. Seriously, somewhere a coverage manager at Oxford just got heartburn and they don't why.)
-future Grandparents rock. We'd be lost without you.
Anywho, I'm also doing our taxes right now, so I guess I should go do that.
See you soon!
Things I've learned over the last 9 months:
-You never really know what this is like until it actually happens.
-the joy of Family and Friends is a palpable and invigorating thing. I hope that continues when she is screaming with a loaded diaper.
-my wife is the toughest person I know. Actually, I already knew that. This has just reaffirmed it.
-I have looked about 5 months pregnant for the last 6 years. Maybe I should cut down on the carbs. And by carbs, I mean beer.
-We had (have) more unneeded crap in this apartment than I ever knew possible.
-Our unborn child has nicer everything than we do.
-Health Insurance in this country is slowly making me ashamed. Telling us after the fact that you won't cover a procedure that our doctor said WAS necessary by telling us it WASN'T necessary, puts us in a position to 1.) question our caregiver and 2.) try to do the unthinkable, which is putting a 'price' on the health of our baby. And this is Health Insurance, not an HMO. I cannot imagine what parents with even weaker coverage than ours must go through. (Don't worry, we are appealing everything, and if Oxford Health thinks this parent will take it quietly, they have no idea how long I will stay on the phone with my polite and righteous indignation, with the resource of the two insurance professionals that are my parents. Seriously, somewhere a coverage manager at Oxford just got heartburn and they don't why.)
-future Grandparents rock. We'd be lost without you.
Anywho, I'm also doing our taxes right now, so I guess I should go do that.
See you soon!





7 Comments:
Your first statement is - oh so - true.
Please let me know up to the minute every little detail. Like when do you go to the doctor again? Do you want me to send the Furstenwerth mafia to deal with the health insurance?
Many, many blessings!!!
If there is a Furstenwerth mafia for health insurance, I need them!!
About to tackle the state commissioner in Texas over our premiums. Minimax could attend the college of her choice with what we pay!!! And then the service you get is indescribable--like none!!!!
As you can see, I get crazy over this. Sorry you are having to deal with it. We will send good vibes to convince the morons to decide this issue your way!!!
Loads of love . . .
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thanks, luckily our doctors are being very helpful in taking on the fight. And we're vigilent with them to see where we are.
I'll go get another sonogram on Tuesday and back to the OB/GYN on Wednesday. Unless I give birth before then.
I deleted the above comment because I have lost the ability to spell.
This is so exciting! I wish you could hold out and have an Aries, but I guess it's your kid, so, whatever.
I'm still holding out for an Aries. I just love those fire signs!
I actually had a dream last night that you had me and Doug over to help move stuff around for the baby, and Laura went into labor and had the baby right as I was on the phone calling the hospital. So hopefully that foretells a short labor.
It also means I have nothing but good wishes and thoughts going your way.
Also, I'm an Aries. We rock.
Post a Comment
<< Home