Monday, October 22, 2007

Almost Seven Months


We went to the doctor today for our belated six month checkup (Yes yes yes, we cleared a late check up with the doctor and we were told it would be fine). She's doing great, growing and progressing just as she should.

She was a major trooper with her shots. She cried just a little bit right when they happened, and then moved on to more happy chuckles. She did put on a serious face in the elevator, and when another lady in the elevator suggested maybe she needed a big pink bow on her head to look more cheery, she gave her a look which I voiced as "Hey lady, I just had shots, what do you want from me?" But then, that was me speaking for her. Bald is beautiful, and I'm not a pink bow mommy. If Sophie is a pink bow child that will be fine, she can wear them when she can ask for them herself.

I know that there will be several lovely ages but this age is just wonderful. She knows her name and responds to it, and seems to understand a lot of communication. She's almost always happy. She can entertain herself but would rather be social. She's babbling enough and moving enough to keep things interesting, but isn't really mobile or vocal, which means she can't run into the street or crawl over to the light socket or yell "BUT I WANT THE CANDY I WANT IT GIVE ME THE CANDY" in the grocery aisle. As I said before, there are wonderful discoveries every day to be made, a new taste or new words or new textures, oh my goodness, the textures! Sophie is such a tactile baby, always reaching out to see how fabrics feel, or to play with a button on my shirt. Paper is the best thing ever, although it really must be kept away from her or else she will destroy it and then try to eat it.

Watching her I feel like I get daily lessons on resilience and renewal. Every time she makes a new discovery I realize how different she is now from just a month or a week or a day ago. In about six months she's grown this much! Amazing!

My show is going on hiatus soon, and while the goal is to find something else to work on, I'm looking forward to spending a little more time with Sophie. She's going to keep working on crawling and babbling, and I'm going to work on going through the mail and throwing it away/recycling it right away and pureeing meals.

Stats for the month:
W. 17lbs 9 oz. H. 27" HC. 44cm

2 Comments:

Blogger Maxmom said...

Sounds like things are going great!! What a cute picture!!
Yes, enjoy these times!! They are very special.

Lots of love.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Tutu Sharon said...

Oh da cute!
She is so incredible!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home