Monday, November 19, 2007

Suburban Roots

I happened to catch a second of The View today while Sophie was napping and I was about to watch our DVR'd Friday Night Lights. Elizabeth Hasselbeck has had her child, and named him Taylor Thomas. (Some of you know that when the miniseries Suburban Roots comes to television* it will open with a white child being held aloft to the heavens and the proclamation "Tyler Taylor!" Note to self to note to writers upon return: Taylor Thomas might also work.)

Today Barbara read an email from Elizabeth saying that Taylor had received a letter of welcome from Hillary Clinton, and the View's resident Republican was considering changing her vote.

(A letter for Taylor Thomas? Are they just handing them out?)

I see a future unfolding. A future in which Sophie Scott and Taylor Thomas are drawn together by fate, alliteration, and a similar letter from the President. (Oh like it's the least plausible thing in this paragraph?). By then Sophie will have rebelled against her hippie commie pinko parents and perhaps when I see her every other Christmas she'll wonder aloud why I can't be more like her mother in law, Elizabeth.

Oh, it will never happen. At least let's hope not, because the story about how "mommy said nothing would ever be funny again, not even Elizabeth from the View jokes, to daddy while she was in labor with me" might be awkward at the rehearsal dinner.

*This miniseries does not exist. Do not check your listings for upcoming times and channels.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tutu Sharon said...

Be very careful, girlfriend. There is still a writers' strike on and your miniseries could come to fruition.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home