Monday, January 28, 2008

gDiapers: Starter Kit

Tutu Sharon bought us a gDiapers starter kit a few weeks ago, and we've been trying them out. I certainly like the environmental ideas behind gDiapers. I've been uncomfortable with the idea that disposable diapers may take 500 years to break down in a landfill (About 500 years ago Henry VIII was King of England, the Mona Lisa was painted by Leonardo da Vinci, and Michelangelo started painting the Sistine Chapel). At the same time, not having laundry in our building was making cloth diapers less of a possibility, and all the energy (and money) that a diaper service would require seemed to make cloth even less desirable.

gDiapers are cotton pants with a flushable insert that is chlorine and dioxin free and a snap in liner is waterproof and made of rayon (plastic free).

There is all sorts of information regarding the environmental impact of gDiapers on the website. So far they work, but I do recommend reading the manual because there are tricks to fitting the diapers and getting them to flush properly.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tutu Sharon said...

Great Christmas pix! Love that red thing-y that she's wearing when she has her tongue hanging out!

And that winter hat! (Sophia's hat not Laura's.) John said she looked like a little Russian baby.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

I've heard a lot of good reviews about gDiapers, so I'll be interested to hear y'all's experience. It's definitely something that we want to do when we have a baby, or in conjunction with cloth. I think I would feel way too guilty putting thousands of diapers in landfills.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home