Wednesday, April 25, 2007

To Wake or Not to Wake

One more thing I forgot to mention. For the past few nights Sophie has been sleeping from somewhere in the 10ish hour to somewhere in the 4amish hour without waking. This stretch is preceded by up to an hour of extreme fussiness, but the long sleep makes it more worthwhile. When can I stop worrying about waking her to feed at night? Already I'm breaking the 5 hour rule, but not by much.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tutu Sharon said...

Interesting question. I never pondered that one. Eric always woke up when he was hungry. If he didn't wake up, I'd just check his breathing and go back to sleep.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

if she is gaining and wetting diapers and pooping plenty, let her sleep. count your blessings.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Maxmom said...

I echo Hannah--I think she is trying to give up one feeding.
Go with it!! You and Patrick
both did it by this time--believe
me if she is hungry she'll let
you know!!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I'm so jealous! X-man is almost 5 months and waking three times a night.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Now she's alternating between nights when she sleep for long stretches and nights when she gets up for feedings, and sometimes wants to stay up. All that is constant is change.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home