"Do you ever read the MiniMax blog anymore?"
"Of course I do."
"You never comment."
"You know how I feel about the comments style on the blogger blogs."
"You comment on Livejournal."
"It is easier. And I am busy."
So, friends, here I am. I know, i don't post here much, but I sort of see this as a mommas forum, and much like feeding my child, I do it in a way specifically different from my lovely wife.
I will post today though, and considering that just about every one of our friends and acquaintances are either birthing, pregnant, thinking about pregnancy or getting married, I'll offer up what I have learned thus far:
........
ha, I kid.
Seriously though, what I have learned is that I know nothing.
Except for this:
-Save money. Now. $10 a week even. Just do it. You'll need it. Brown bag it one day a week. Something. Anything. Make time your ally.
-Make sure your relationship is in a healthy place. This is no friggin' joke here. While the baby brings a ton of joy, it also brings a ton of stress, and if you thought you argued before...
-Look for daycare about 3 years before he/she is born. Or, one of you find a job that can support you both. I used to think all the money in this city went to real estate. I was wrong. It goes to childcare.
-Decide how you want to raise you child and then divorce yourself from it. You'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually works out, but it won't, so be ready for anything.
-call your parents and apologize.
-and then ask for their help.
-tell your friend you love them, you miss them and you'll see them in 10 years.
That is all I know. I gotta run, time to interview another nanny.
"Of course I do."
"You never comment."
"You know how I feel about the comments style on the blogger blogs."
"You comment on Livejournal."
"It is easier. And I am busy."
So, friends, here I am. I know, i don't post here much, but I sort of see this as a mommas forum, and much like feeding my child, I do it in a way specifically different from my lovely wife.
I will post today though, and considering that just about every one of our friends and acquaintances are either birthing, pregnant, thinking about pregnancy or getting married, I'll offer up what I have learned thus far:
........
ha, I kid.
Seriously though, what I have learned is that I know nothing.
Except for this:
-Save money. Now. $10 a week even. Just do it. You'll need it. Brown bag it one day a week. Something. Anything. Make time your ally.
-Make sure your relationship is in a healthy place. This is no friggin' joke here. While the baby brings a ton of joy, it also brings a ton of stress, and if you thought you argued before...
-Look for daycare about 3 years before he/she is born. Or, one of you find a job that can support you both. I used to think all the money in this city went to real estate. I was wrong. It goes to childcare.
-Decide how you want to raise you child and then divorce yourself from it. You'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually works out, but it won't, so be ready for anything.
-call your parents and apologize.
-and then ask for their help.
-tell your friend you love them, you miss them and you'll see them in 10 years.
That is all I know. I gotta run, time to interview another nanny.





3 Comments:
Amen to that! I am currently on the look out for other new mamas in my area because who wants to listen to me babble about teething except another mama. I hope.
Oh and the pic over at CF is so cute!
Thanks! I'm hoping to hook up with some new moms that meet in our neighborhood weekly, but so far Sophie has been pretty fussy whenever that block of time comes up. Baby trumps all.
I know you're exaggerating about the ten years. (Think back to how many parties I took you to.)
Four years - max.
Eighteen months, they are cute but explore in the depths of other people's domiciles. Must have eye on them - constantly!!
Post a Comment
<< Home