Thursday, May 03, 2007

She Fell in Love with the Drummer, Another and Another

When we were in our first weeks with Sophie she had a particular face, her shiny eyes would grow wide and she would pop up and for some reason she reminded me of a squirrel, so I took to calling her my baby squirrel or flying squirrel. A few days ago at a Mighty Girl post on Blogfathers, I saw the squirrel onesie.

A quick google sent me to Bean, New York where both the Drumming Squirrel and BabyLegs reside. Actually I just realized Hank might be wearing babylegs in that picture.

Several years ago I was in a now defunct Brooklyn store where they were selling little wool hats with animal ears for children and I heard the faintest ticking of a clock. Then I thought it might not be the best idea to have children just so I could dress them. And I was right, that's a terrible reason to have children, but not a bad perk.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maxmom said...

And that is how you ended up with all those cute bunny and bear appliques on your clothes . . . that you came to hate!! That's how it happens. . . along with plaid pants for little boys!!

5:55 AM  
Blogger moto said...

See, I think plaid pants are fine for little boys. Patrick was a very well dressed baby. Actually from the pictures I've seen you did well with both of us.

10:39 AM  
Blogger moto said...

Oops, this is Laura not moto.

10:40 AM  
Blogger moto said...

How am I not myself?

11:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

How am I not myself?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jenny L said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39436

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home